Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Christian Encounters: Isaac Newton By Mitch Stokes

When I first got the book I was expecting something about gravity and the moon. Yet it’s not like that at all. Newton had so many struggles in life that would just hurt to think about. The only thing that was bad about the book was that it had a lot of what seemed to be Latin words, which the author didn’t write what the word meant. I also didn’t like that it had hard words which the reader had to look up. Positive elements are that it was a biography, and that it had notes at the back of the book. I also love that it had 15 chapters of Newton’s whole known life in one book.




This book was the best book for Newton’s life account, and Mitch Stokes is an awesome Biographer and I think that he should write biographies on other famous people and their account and walk with God. I also believe that we can learn a lot from Newton. Without Newton we would fail to find, but with all of this the Christian Encounters series is a great biography series. And Mitch Stokes new book is a great addition to this. I definitely recommend this book to adults and kids who understand the greatness of Newton, and God who works miracles through people. Get this book and you’ll change your perspective on Newton and his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment